Type: Crash Bar
Fits: BMW R1200 GS (2013)
No matter which way the GS should fall, the Touratech crash bar is right where it is needed. The most comprehensive all-round protection there has ever been for a boxer engine!
A "cage" of 25-mm strong, 2-mm thick stainless steel tubes completely encloses the cylinders. Any forces that occur are safely deflected and distributed to gently break them down. Numerous assembly points, intended bending points and the central strut guarantee safe protection not only of the cylinders, but also of the frame and engine of your R1200GS.
Despite the impressive tube diameter, the crash bar is positioned as closely as possible and symmetrically to the vehicle axis. It has practically no effect on the lean angles or ground clearance.
It blends perfectly with the looks of the R1200GS, completing the overall appearance – and is simply a part of it all!
Made exclusively of strong, electropolished stainless steel, the crash bar will not rust. Even deep scratches are less frightening, and can simply be ground off.
The assembly points are perfectly matched to the R1200GS! And needless to say, everything that is needed to fit it is included in the delivery.
TIP for perfect all-round protection: The perfect addition to the crash bar is our crash bar extension for the R1200GS.
- Colour – Black
- Material – 18/2 mm stainless steel tubes
- Weight – 6.8910
- Function – Protection
- no restrictions to leaning angle freedom
- no restrictions to pillion
- complete protection for the cylinders, including the back and top
- safe deflection of any occurring forces without damaging the frame or engine
- made of Made in Germany
- blends elegantly with the overall look of the BMW R1200GS
- Also suitable for special model R1200GS "Rallye" with special equipment "sports suspension".